Squats For Beginners: How to do a Squat Correctly
- Published: 31 August 2016
- Check out more Bowflex workouts here: bit.ly/33juCla
We squat all the time - doing yard work, picking things up off the ground and just the movement that comes along with sitting, to name a few examples. So building strength in your legs by adding the squat to your exercise routine is a smart way to help prevent injuries while doing your everyday activities.
Doing squats with bad form can turn the exercise against you though, so it is important to begin doing squats by learning how to do a squat with correct form. This video will show you the key components:
1) Take a wide stance (about shoulder-width apart)
2) Put your hands out in front of you for balance
3) Sit back as if you are sitting in a chair, keeping your feet flat on the ground and your knees behind your toes.
4) As you are sitting back, keep your chest up and your head looking forward.
When you are first starting off with squats, do 1-3 sets with 10 reps in each set and 30-60 seconds rest in between, and really concentrate on doing the form correctly. As you build strength in your legs, you can add sets or more reps to each set.
Once you've perfected your squat form, give this quick leg workout a try: superiorjanitorial.pro/video/suKWN2EOmDI/video.html
Subscribe for more workouts and tips: goo.gl/sxLYmP
Additional fitness tips: goo.gl/vFWbTL
Quick workouts: goo.gl/mj1b0C
Bowflex.com - Find all the fitness solutions you'll ever need to get on your way to being a healthier you.
BowflexInsider.com - Head to the Bowflex Insider blog to read the latest in all things related to fitness and health and find simple ways to start losing weight.
Connect with us and socialize with other Bowflex enthusiats: